- Other guides
- Beginner's guide
- JOSM - Detailed Editing
- Mapping with a SmartPhone, GPS or Paper
- OSM Data
- HOT Tips - Getting started for new mappers - iD editor
- Starting with a Tasking Manager - iD editor
- Tracing rectangular buildings - iD editor
- Tracing round buildings - iD editor
- Enhancing the colours or background - iD editor
- Saving - changeset comment & Task Manager finishing a square - iD editor
- Tagging - iD editor
- Copying, Pasting & Rotating - iD editor
- Other Resources
HOT Tips - Getting started for new mappers using iD and a Tasking Manager
This series of short guides is aimed at volunteers helping to map for Aid Agencies using a Tasking Manager, but the principles are the same for all OpenStreetMap mapping. Mapping is easy, but let’s get it right and keep improving the map!
Use the menu to choose the order that suits you.
iD help menu - always available when you are editing which includes an optional walkthrough.
If you are new to OpenStreetMap the following modules of our beginner section will be useful to you;